This week I made a breakfast frittata using the guidelines of the Detox Program phase 1 (because I too had a hungry person in the house!).
It was super easy (pretty much made it up as I went along), delicious and nutritious and it’s a great breakfast for those people that are always on the go.
- 6 eggs (whisked)
- 1 handful of roasted pumpkin (previously cooked)
- Half a zucchini (spiraled or chopped)
- 1/2 bag of Coles Superfood stirfry (it has Kale, carrots, cabbage, wombok & broccoli )
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 3 large mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 x red Chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 small handful of cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- You can add whatever herbs and spices you like.
- Oven at 180C.
- Stir fry the mushrooms and zucchini until soft. Add the chopped chili and superfood stir fry, cook 2-3 mins till softened. Add the baby spinach and cook till wilted.
- Line the baking dish with the roasted pumpkin, stir in the cooked veggies and pour in the egg mixture. Softly swirl all ingredients around until it’s all mixed together.
- Top with cherry tomatoes and bake for approx 30 mins in the oven.
- Lightly shake the baking dish to see that the egg mixture has cooked/set, if it’s runny in the middle, cook for a further 5 mins.
- Let it cool and then slice up into squares. This will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
See you at Bootcamp!